Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Escape


Woody Allen famously said that 80% of success was just showing up and I would add that 80% of happiness is just getting out.

Getting out of the house has never been someting that I'm particularly good at. I'm lazy, I'm shy, I like my own company and I'll happily pass entire days without setting foot outside my own front door.

But on the days when I do make myself get out, even if it's only to go for a walk or to buy groceries, I feel better; more capable, less ponderous.

My Dad always says that any experience is better than no experience at all and I think there's a lot of truth in that.

Yesterday I stayed indooors all day and by the evening I was morose. Today I took John to the 'under 1's' group in Ellesmere and life has opened up once again.

I must try to get out through the front door more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment