Monday, 21 June 2010

A Big Baby


You don't need to tell me that my baby is big, I hear it every day.
You don't need to gasp at his weight, my back already aches from carrying him.
You don't need to remind me that he was born big, I've got the scars to prove it.
You don't need to compare him to your little one, I'm doing it already.
You don't need to chuckle at his chubby arms, I love each and every dimple.
Just tell me that he's perfect, because some truths are so wonderful that I never tire of hearing them.

1 comment:

  1. I had a 'big' baby - he has become a tall and handsome young man that any mother would be proud to walk with. I am loving your blog - it is reminding me so much of my own early days, now 17 years ago. It is a universal truth that individual days pass slowly but the years fly by. You don't need me to tell you that your boy is beautiful.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete