Tuesday, 20 July 2010

A Dress (And Fairies)






It's hard to love a body that's been stretched, squashed and squeezed beyond recognition, but a skirt that swoops and swirls in the breeze makes anything possible.

The fabric was expensive and the stitching is far from perfect but this dress has given me something to aim for, something to dream about, something to work on, something to finish, something to be proud of, and something to feel pretty in.

...And in amongst the folds of the fabric fairies are at play. How wonderful is that?

8 comments:

  1. wow, absolutely GORGEOUS dress!!! and it looks stunning on you! do tell, what is the fabric and pattern ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wonderful indeed! You have every reason to feel pleased and beautiful! Please do share the pattern and fabric source so more of us might do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just gorgeous!! and i loved the print, before i saw the fairies. yes- am very keen to know the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! The pattern is Butterick B5176. I'm afraid I have no idea what the fabric is but I found it in Watson & Thornton in Shrewsbury.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely dress - what a good idea. I've been struggling with a post-partum body too when it comes to making clothes, and the truth really is nine months up and nine months down. Hard not to love a body whatever its shape when you look at your son and think how you made him...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh - gorgeous! Beautiful design and lovely fabric. I have something very similar that I bought to wear when I got engaged it is pink with black and grey dandelions. It is a very special dress and I think this will have so many lovely memories attached to it in the years to come. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm so impressed - what a beautiful dress! And what a beautiful blog. Ali sent me your way, and I'm so glad she did x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress. Such a pretty fabric and such a feminine pattern. (And Joanne is right as well!)

    ReplyDelete