Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Come Round for Tea...


One of life's greatest pleasures is having people to tea, particularly when those people are your mum and aunty (and therefore possibly the very people from whom you inherited your love of cake) and your baby has miraculously napped for long enough for you to make chocolate-cherry cupcakes.

With thick, sticky icing, gooey, moist sponge, and ingredients including a whole pot of cherry jam, these cupcakes taste just as good as their glossy tops promise and were admired almost as much as my baby.

My lessons for today: sometimes it's the simplest achievements that are the most satisfying, and sweet things can only be made sweeter with the addition of masses of jam.

7 comments:

  1. hello am new to the blog world just getting to grips with it. your cakes look fab have just bought a jam pan and hope to get jamming this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some cherry jam froze to the back of my fridge while we were away (don't ask...). I have it on the kitchen counter and was wondering how to use it up - you may just have given me inspiration! Now who can we have to tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look good! I have been baking this morning and have just managed to smash a favourite plate while serving myself the first slice, bother! :(

    I've never seen a recipe for cupcakes that requires a whole pot of jam, it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely and sounds so tasty too. I was going to buy stawberry jam this weekend, but now I'm craving cherry. Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cakes inspired me to bake some chocolate cupcakes today, but they don't look nearly as enticing as yours do - boo.

    I love your photo, it always pays to go close in when taking foodie pics doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lessons, those. And the cupcakes look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember managing some fairy cakes with dried cranberries when eldest was about four months old. I was so proud that I'd managed it, although they lasted only a few hours. I remember this feeling well. They look truly delicious. Hurray for teaparties and cakey achievements.

    ReplyDelete