Thursday, 14 October 2010

Pillow Talk


When I crept into bed he folded me in his arms and whispered "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I whispered wriggling into his warmth.

"Just so, so much." he murmured  into my neck, pulling me closer and making shivers tickle my spine.

I lay in his arms feeling my whole body relax beneath the strength and certainty of his love and wondering how long it had been since we'd shared such an honest and intimate moment.

I wondered whether I'd been so swept up in the currents of love for my boy that I'd neglected the source of love from which this little family had sprung and promised myself that I'd be more mindful of my marriage in the busy weeks to come.

When we woke I kissed his sleepy cheek and told him how much his words had meant.

"I have no recollection of that whatsoever," he said looking at me blankly. "I must have been fast asleep."

3 comments:

  1. Well, you'll just have to dwell on the positives. He loves you even in his sleep!!
    Thanks for the chuckle this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I love this! Sorry I've not commented for so long - I have still been here, reading along, but there has been some problem with blogger so it hasn't let me comment. Just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking of you and enjoying your photos even if I'm not saying anything! x

    ReplyDelete