Monday, 4 October 2010

Treasure


A comb, a rolling pin, a beanbag; a bottle stop, a coaster, a scrap of fleece; a salt shaker, a sponge, a string of beads; a pastry brush, a balloon whisk, an avocado pit; a jam jar lid, a spoon, a ribbon; a tea strainer, a candle holder and a curtain ring...

These are some of the treasures in John's bowl and these are the objects bringing magic to his world.

In quiet pools of morning sunlight he sits, intently exploring these tiny treasures one by one.

He picks out an object with careful deliberation...


 ...passes it slowly from fist to fist...


...shakes it hard to test for rattles and then finally explores its texture with his mouth....


...before reaching for his next treasure.


I could never have anticipated the stillness and absorption that this activity would bring to my boy, I cannot describe the relief that these precious moments of calm lend to our days and I will never cease to be filled with wonder as I watch my boy discover the world.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... he is an absolute doll!!!! What a precious, precious little boy.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to comment over at my place; it has been a delight to peak into your beautiful little world.

    ReplyDelete