Friday, 5 November 2010

Coming Home


Whilst we were away a gang of men attacked our home. They ripped up windowsills and boarded out the light; they smeared rough plaster across our paintwork and dripped it down the stairs; they scratched lines in our worktops and spread dust across the floors.

When we came home the house was still reeling from the assault. Scars marked the walls in every room and wounds gaped openly, letting cold draughts whip through the house.

I know that this is the way of progress, and I can see that the new windows look great but I still cannot help but feel that my refuge has been ambushed, and I cannot help but wonder how on earth we will find the time to restore it into something resembling a home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi a newbie here..i must say its a mess to start with but the end result is so totally worth it..good luck
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there - it'll be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete