Friday, 24 December 2010

A Stocking for John


I looked forward to this sewing project long before I knew the name that I would stitch lovingly onto the cloth and I anticipated the joy that I would get from hanging it long before this long-held dream came true.

As I sat up after midnight tracing hearts onto felt like a love-lorn girl I remembered the giddy thrill of bedtime on Christmas Eve and the wondrous magic of waking on Christmas morning. I re-lived the excitement that came from a lumpy-bumpy stocking and I prayed that John's Christmas memories would be as magical as mine.

Tonight, Father Christmas will stuff this stocking for the very first time and a seminal childhood ritual will begin. For the first time in a long time I can barely wait for bedtime to come...

2 comments:

  1. And I shall spare a Christmas thought and prayer for you as I sip something Christmassy!!!
    Enjoy!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words give me tingles. Merriest of Christmases to you all!

    ReplyDelete