Thursday, 17 February 2011

Finished!


Finally, the sweater that I began a full five months ago is finished. And whilst it's true that there's a pleasure to be had from creation, the pleasure that's come from completion is perhaps just as sweet.


As my first attempt at a proper pattern, this sweater sat on the needles for weeks on end whilst I awaited a quiet moment in which to sit in silence, counting stitches and muttering "K1, P3, K2, P2" incessantly beneath my breath.


There were times - when I was ripping out hours-worth of work or spending more time consulting the wisdom of YouTube than I was actually knitting - that I thought that I'd bitten off more than I could chew.

But now that it's all sewn together and magically transformed itself into a sweater, the hours of manic muttering suddenly seem worthwhile, and even though the pattern doesn't quite resemble that on the picture, my boy and I really couldn't be happier with the result.



4 comments:

  1. Wow - well done you - that pattern looks scary.
    Little chap looks handsome (and full of mischief!!)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely (and a very handsome model too!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely jumper, it looks like a tricky knit.
    I agree with Ali too - he's a lovely model! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect jumper for Young Master Smiler. It will keep him warm and cosy on his crawling expeditions which look as though they are not far away.

    ReplyDelete