Tuesday, 4 December 2012

A Winter Walk

IMG_1447
IMG_1426IMG_1436IMG_1397IMG_1483
IMG_1455
IMG_1464IMG_1457

The sun shone, so I bundled us both in the car without a second thought for the cold and when we arrived the iciness of the sunshine startled us.

We ran across the board walk, the wind cutting through our coats and stinging in our ears, and only once we'd made it into the shelter of the trees did we slow our pace and notice the startling golden light that was pooling all about us.

We played pooh sticks on the tiny troll bridge, John climbed trees and clambered over stumps and I took photos of my boy and marvelled at the beauty of the clear winter's light that was captured on my camera.

And even though my toes ached and John's lips turned a little blue, but there was an uncomplicated joy in his smiles and a freedom to his run.

"I really happy now Mummy," said John, cuddling up to my leg for an instant as I walked and smiling up at me with big, honest eyes.

"Me too," I told him, ruffling his hair before he ran off again into the woods.  "Me too."

IMG_1421

3 comments:

  1. John's just one bundle of happiness isn't he?!!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, your writing brings such a sense of peace to me as I read it. I'm so glad you're writing again. What beautiful pictures too.
    Diktynna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunningly beautiful~ he's one special little boy. you captured him perfectly.

    ReplyDelete